We’ve all heard the horror stories when plastic surgery went wrong, and these unfortunate incidents are largely responsible for the mistaken beliefs that people have about plastic surgery. If you have considered plastic surgery at some point, but decided against it after reading some articles, you will be happy to learn that these myths can easily be debunked.
- Only Real Plastic Surgeons Can Practice – Anyone with a medical licence can practice plastic surgery, so it is vital that you do your research. Start your search with the top plastic surgeons in Brisbane and you can’t really go wrong. It wouldn’t be too difficult for a novice practitioner to make it look like they are accomplished, so make sure that you are actually talking to a leading surgeon.
- You Should Never Question the Plastic Surgeon – We are uncertain how this myth managed to gain ground, as it couldn’t be farther from the truth. The plastic surgeon will insist on having a long discussion with each and every patient, and he will make sure that you are fully briefed and would be happy to answer any questions that you might have. The surgeon would have a wealth of experience in making patients feel at home with the treatment, and would likely recommend waiting if he thought you were unsure about the treatment.
- It is Disrespectable to Ask to See Some Case Studies – If you were going to hire a roofer, you would most certainly want to see some of his previous work, and when a person is considering going under the knife, of course they should be able to ask for some verification that the results are as positive as he claimed. A top plastic surgeon feels pride when he shows patients some of his previous success stories, and with so many questionable practitioners around, he would expect nothing less.
- Plastic Surgery is Strictly for Women – Many middle-aged men have reaped the benefits of plastic surgery, which is just as effective on men as on women. If you have a weathered look and you would like to make your skin a little tighter to bring back those facial contours, talk to a leading plastic surgeon, who can give you his professional opinion.
- Plastic Surgery is Only for the Wealthy – People from all walks of life have enjoyed the benefits of face-lift surgery, and the treatment is affordable for all. If you would like to have an idea of the cost, make an appointment with a leading plastic surgeon and he can tell you. While the wealthy do tend to have this treatment, it certainly isn’t out of range for the average adult.
While there are many myths about plastic surgery, if you make sure that your chosen surgeon is one of the best in the business, you really can’t go wrong. He would be realistic about the expected results, and with a few before and after images of some of his case studies, you will be reassured that he is, in fact, one of the leading practitioners in his field.